Wednesday 2 May 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 2/5/18



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!

1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Is there a flower you associate with a particular memory? Explain.
Not especially although I do remember Mum and Dad having quite a few rose bushes in their garden and I love the smell.
2. Last time you helped someone? Tell us how.
I think as a parent you are always helping your kids in some way.  (Until you get older and the roles reverse.)  We recently helped our youngest son and his wife move out and into their own flat.
3. It's National Salsa Month (the food, not the dance) so tell us, do you like salsa? Hot, medium, or mild? Homemade, store bought, or from your favourite restaurant only?
I prefer the dance!  Seriously I prefer it mild and it’s usually store bought.
4. When I was twelve years old...
I had just started secondary school and I was so naïve and found it all a bit daunting.
5. It's the first of May so let's run with it-first things first, don't know the first thing about it, first dibs on something, first impression, first rate, first cousin, first string, first come first served, at first light-which phrase can best be applied to something in your life currently or even recently?
Now we have the house back to ourselves there are lots of things that need doing or that I just want to do.  So many that I’m having to make a plan and work out which tasks are “first things first”.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I need to get cracking on my knitting.  I’ve started the second baby blanket but those Grandbabies will be here in just a few weeks.  I picked grey for the second one but I have a long way to go!

7 comments:

  1. It looks like your baby blanket is lovely!! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you're enjoying having the house to yourselves again :)
    Your baby blanket looks like it's going to be beautiful. I've always admired those who know how to knit.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew how to knit. Grandbabies....plural? I didn't know, I thought just the one. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, grandbabies? I don't think I knew about the -ies : ) The blanket is lovely. I was naive at that age too, and looking back I'm kind of glad. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blanket is just beautiful!! I enjoyed your answers! The one about being twelve has been fun to follow. A tough age, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket is lovely.
    Roses are a special memory maker. :-)
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son moved out that's nice that they have found a flat. Here too there would be a lot to do, but I always say I'll do it tomorrow !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.