Tuesday 1 May 2018

18 in 18 - April Report


 


Part of me feels this report is hardly worth doing.  April has been a bad month for my 18 in 18 challenge.  It started with me having another horrible cold and cough and major changes to my routine as I'm now looking after my Grandson 2 days a week.
 
The first two weeks of the month I just felt exhausted and it's only now as we start a new month that I'm feeling that I'm getting to grips with this new responsibility.  I love looking after Nathan.  He is adorable, but he also needs a lot of interaction.  My voice is exhausted by the end of the day.  On the plus side I'm coping with using public transport and I'm getting a lot of exercise.
 
Anyway as for progress (or lack of it) here's the low down.


5.   Eat at 4 new to me restaurants
One down, three to go.  I met up with some former work colleagues at the beginning of the month and we went to an Indian restaurant in Wanstead that I hadn't been to before.  It wasn't anything special and fortunately there was an off licence next door as they don't have a licence so it's Bring Your Own Bottle.  But the company made up for the shortfalls.
6.  Complete the A - Z Challenge
Success!  I managed the 26 entries, all on time.  I would like to have been more organised and visited more new blogs but given everything else going on I'm just pleased to have completed it.
8.     Walk at least 3 times per week – 
Just about managed this thanks to Nathan!
12.  Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)  Still ahead of schedule :)
In April I read:
A Small Weeping - Alex Gray 
Sleep Like the Dead - Alex Gray
I am Missing - Tim Weaver
Bring Me Back - B A Paris and
The Fear - C L Taylor
Details and reviews can be found on my Goodreads site.
13.  Keep my bullet journal updated – totally sidelined this during April.  Too much going on.  Making a fresh start today.
14.  Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes) – well I blogged almost every day in April thanks to the A-Z challenge but I didn't always do the regular memes but definitely a good month for my blog.
16.  Update my wardrobe
Well I'm not sure when I actually did it but I have been through my wardrobe and weeded out a lot of clothes I no longer wear so phase 1 achieved.  Now I just need to assess what I need to go out and buy.
17. Do more crafting – update on blog.  
Well I've now started on the main part of the 2nd baby blanket I committed to making.  (Both sons are due to become Dads in June) but not noted on my blog.
18. Try out a new recipe each week – I gave up on this for April.  Getting used to the new routine, helping our son move house and being unwell meant cutting back on any additional workload.

Oh dear.  Looking at it in black and white (and red!) makes me realise how much I slipped off track.  I don't even have any relevant photos.  But today is the start of a new month.  I've posted on my blog.  I've walked.  I've read.  And now I'm off to bed with my bullet journal.
 
Hopefully next month's report will see an improvement.

We're away for a few nights next week so I'm definitely going to get to the beach and I might even get to see my brother!  I'll try and remember to take a camera!

2 comments:

  1. You did great, Wendy! Just completing the A-Z is a huge achievement! That and being Nathan's grandma is quite enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did great and got a lot accomplished last month. How great that you get to spend time with Nathan :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.