Saturday 17 February 2018

SoCS - 17/2/18 His & Hers


Your prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “his/her(s).” Use one, use both, bonus points if you start your post with one and end with the other. Have fun!

For full details of how to play and links to other participants go here to Linda's site. 

His and hers has been a traditional way of referring to things belonging to a couple (although I often say that what's hubby's is mine and what's mine is my own) but over recent years it has become more common to have couples that would be him and him or her and her.  Fortunately the industries that produce cards and gifts have caught on to this so it's much easier to buy an appropriate card or gift for a same sex couple.

This is important for me as my daughter has a wife.  Finding a wedding card didn't prove difficult and last year when I decided to get all my kids (with their partners) a personalised calendar as part of their Christmas gifts I was able to get two "His and Her" calendars and a "Her and Hers" one.

Being a creature of habit I decided to replicate the gift this year with different designs.  I was able to do that for the boys and their wives but the "Her and Hers" was the same design as last year.  Fortunately I was able to remedy the problem - they now have a baby so I got a family calendar design showing their three names.  They seemed pleased with that even though there wasn't a mention or sight of her or hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.