Friday 16 February 2018

Friday's Fave Five - 16/2/18



Friday is time to look back on the week and find five things to be grateful for.  Drop in to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for full details and other participants.

I've had a fairly quiet week but here are my five:

1.  Meeting up with former work colleagues.  Great to see them but it reinforces that I made the right decision to leave when I did.

2.  Milder weather.  We did have a hail storm on Sunday but since then it's been much less cold.  Note - less cold, not warm, not yet!

3.  Time to watch the Olympics.  Of course the time difference makes it tricky but I'm enjoying the action.

4. Almost finishing this:
It's a blanket for one of the grandbabies due in June.  I just need to cast it off and knit the edging.  Then I need to do it all over again!

5.  Spending time with the grandbaby already here.  I babysat for Becca and her wife on Valentine's Day so I had Nathan for 5 hours.  Probably the longest I've had him and he was fine for the first 4 hours.  Then he decided he wanted his Mums.  Nothing would pacify him.  I tried all the tricks in my experience but he was really upset.  Eventually, despite it being wet out I stuck him in his buggy and took him out for a walk.  He did fall asleep but woke soon after we got back in the house.  Fortunately he wasn't screaming when his Mummies came back but he was definitely pleased to see them.   He also enjoys his bath!

 

Have a good weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. We had a couple of the same faves! :-) Nathan looks so cute. Glad the babysitting went well. That blanket looks so nice - what a treasure it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice to have milder weather isn't it?
    The grandbaby blanket looks so soft and cozy! And your grandson is adorable!!
    Enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little boy is adorable! I made the right decision about retiring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your weather has been warmer this week. Your blanket is lovely! It's an interesting pattern.
    Nathan is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blanket is absolutely gorgeous! Glad you got confirmation that you did leave at a good time from your job. Sometimes it's such a hard decision and one wonders if they did the right thing, confirmation is nice so that you can put it to rest. Sweet Nathan picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nathan is a sweetheart, love the photo you shared. I like the blanket, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.