Sunday 21 January 2018

#Jusjojan 21/1/18 - Silence

Your prompt for January 21st, 2018, brought to you by the wonderful and talented Willow, is “Silence.” Use it any way you’d like in your post. And make sure you visit Willow at her blog, “Willowdot21” to read her post and say hi! Here’s her link:  https://willowdot21.wordpress.com/

To check out the rules, other participants and to leave a link if you create your own Jusjojan post go here to our host Linda's site.

I think silence is definitely not golden and actually quite elusive.  Even when I'm lying awake in the middle of the night there are still noises to be heard.  Our house is old so there are often creaks and groans.  My hubby uses a CPAP machine which although not loud is definitely not silent.  Yes if he's not there I wouldn't hear that and the house might keep quiet for a while but then occasionally a car will drive past disturbing the peace.

Of course you could argue that a house in a London suburb is not the best place to find silence but I could be in the middle of the countryside and there would still be sounds.  Creature sounds that probably wouldn't all be welcome ones.

For the clever clogs out there you might suggest a vacuum or space.  We've probably all heard the tagline from Alien - but I'm not sure I want to put it to the test. 
https://britishcinematographer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/alien-tagline-in-space-no-one-can-hear-you-scream.jpg 
And anyway, who can silence the voices in my head?  The ones that sometimes keep you awake at night even when you're exhausted.  Wouldn't it be good if our brains had an off switch for a pre set time?  Sleeping might be easier then.  Oh and if a cure could be invented for tinitus then silence might prevail.  But actually I prefer a bit of noise.  Means I'm still alive.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting post. Being so used to living in a busy city I find it difficult to sleep without the background noise of traffic. How pathetic is that?

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.