Saturday 28 October 2017

#SoCS - 28/10/17





It's Saturday so it's SoCS time hosted by Linda.

This week's prompt is: “which/witch/wich.” Start your post with the word “which” and try to fit the word “witch” in somewhere if you can. Bonus points if you use a word that ends in “wich.” As an added rule this week, you will lose all the points you’ve ever earned if you type “which witch is which” anywhere in your post. Have fun!

Which brings me to the subject of halloween or rather witch.  It all leads to the same end.  A night of madness.  Sorry to my friends the other side of the pond.  Halloween is still not a big thing here in the UK although every year it seems to get bigger.  It's easy to buy a pumpkin and many stores will be selling costumes and other paraphanalia.  I don't get carried away with it at all although I usually stock up on some halloween inspired chocolates or sweets so that I can reward those who are brave enough to come to the door to Trick or Treat.

It will probably provide another excuse for fireworks.  We've recently had Diwali and next week of course it's actually Bonfire night.  Personally I'll be glad to see the back of all the fireworks.  I don't mind an organised display - our local council kindly organises one just over the other side of our common so we can see most of it from the bedroom window or just by walking out on to the common by our house.   We just can't make plans to go out in the car that day as it's almost impossible to come back and find a parking space despite those attending being encouraged to travel on public transport.

I'm tired today, it's been a busy week, but I have the luxury of being cooked for by my son and DIL  We'll miss that when they move out shortly but at least today we won't be resorting to a sandwich for dinner.







2 comments:

  1. I am of a similar mind to you over Halloween. It seems to be a festival for the retailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing about Halloween over in the UK. I did wonder.
    Sending hugs for the new week,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.