Wednesday 6 September 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge 6/9/17



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. When you think about your future what do you fear most? Hope for the most?
Fear? At the moment destruction of the planet, quickly by WW3 or slowly by our continued ignorance of global warming/climate change.
Hope?  World peace and joined up thinking on how to combat climate change.
A bit simplistic but as a parent, and now a grandparent, the state of the world does give cause for concern but I do believe there are more good people than bad out there and hope that they will prevail.
2. September is National Chicken Month. How often is chicken on the menu at your house? What's a favourite dish made with chicken? What's something you're a 'chicken' about doing or trying?
We eat a lot of chicken.  I love a roast chicken dinner but we often stir fry it or include it in a pasta dish.  I have never tried oysters and am definitely chicken about them!
3. What are three things you don't own but wish you did?
There’s nothing that I particularly hanker after.  I have all the main appliances in the house and enough of what we need.  If I was pushed to name something, a dream would be a beach hut on a quiet beach that we could retreat to when we felt like it.
4. Would you rather be a jack of all trades or a master of one? Elaborate.  If you answered one, which one?
I think a jack of all trades as there so many little jobs that come up around the house it’s useful to be able to tackle them where possible or at least know what needs doing so that you don’t get ripped off by a “master” telling you more needs doing than just changing a washer for example.
5. Ketchup or mustard? On what?
Ketchup every time.  Not a fan of mustard.  On chips definitely, fried breakfast, burgers.
6.  Insert your own random thought here.
I missed last week’s Hodgepodge as we were away for a family get together that you can read about here.  We had lots of Nathan time which helps distract from all the current doom and gloom around the world.  A lot of praying going on right now.

6 comments:

  1. I said a winter house on the beach too. Wouldn't that be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love a beach house too! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would take a lodge in the mountains, but my family would be most likely to visit if I had the beach house, so that would be the better choice. Enjoyed visiting with you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just popped over and read about your family holiday. Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you got lots of grandbaby time, and I'm happy to hear Poppy is doing well. I like oysters, but only if they're on the small side. And I like them fried too, which eliminates some of the slime. The world is definitely feeling heavy these days. I pray for peace as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There does seem to be a lot of doom and gloom doesn't there. I was just sitting here thinking about turning off the TV and listening to music. Oh yes a beach house would be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so with you on your first answer - everytime I turn on the news lately I get more and more concerned and I definitely wish for world peace.

    A beach hut would be lovely - being able to just relax in your own personalised space at the beach, perfect. Have a great day Wendy.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.