Friday 15 September 2017

Friday's Fave Five 15/9/17


Fridays are a time to look back on the week and share our blessings.
If you want to join in or check out the other participants pop over to our host Suzanne's blog at Living to Tell the Story


With all the craziness going on in certain parts of the world it's good to be able to stop and count my blessings this week as follows:

1)  Time.  There are very little constraints on my time.  I always have a long to do list but very little that is pressing or demanding.

2)  A visit from our eldest son and DIL last weekend and of course their fur babies.  We have to be food aware when the dogs are around - they are counter top height and very interested in food but it's great to see them.

3)  Nathan time.  I love having then close enough to be able to visit them most weeks.

4)  No real money issues - although if I keep getting tempted every time I see cute outfits for Nathan my hubby might be depriving me of my credit cards!

My hairdresser was running late yesterday so I had time to browse the store and couldn't resist these. 

5.  Attending my first ever Pilates class today.  My physio suggested this and the class runs in a studio just 5 minutes away from our house so I had no excuses left not to give it a go.  Hopefully I won't regret it tomorrow!

I'm trying to get this posted early as hubby has a record group meeting here this evening - a group of music appreciating friends get together each month to listen to and discuss a record - yes an actual record!  It's his turn to host so now I'm off shopping for some nibbles and then getting the house straight for guests. Whatever you're doing I hope you have a good weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Clothes for babies and toddlers are so darn cute, I can't see how you can resist buying outfits for Nathan. :-) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do a Pilates DVD and it wasn't easy! Hope you have fun :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to be part of a record group. I like hearing the ideas, knowledge and opinions a group offers. What are some of the records y'all have listened to?
    Hurray for having time with your grand son this week. I didn't talk or see my grands this week and I feel the lack. The outfits you bought are so cute.
    Congrats on starting an exercise program. I have never done Pilates, but it sounds tempting. But I still have too many excuses. lol
    I hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a record meeting! It sounds a lot like what we used to do as teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do Pilates!! Some times i still do (a dvd set) in the winter months....wonderful workouts!

    HOW CUTE those outfits are!! (your hair stylist sells baby clothes??)

    how fun your husband's get togethers sound.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let us know how the Pilates goes! The outfits for your sweet Nathan are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pilates class sounds great. I am not an at home exerciser so doing it with others would be fun. Little kid clothes are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about being tempted to buy things for the grandbaby. I have to make myself avoid that section of the store sometimes! Because once I see something cute for him - it's hard to resist. Glad you had some time with him this week as well as your eldest son and DIL. I love that about time at this stage of life - I like having things to do but without the pressure of having to have them done by a certain time. I have never tried Pilates. I do need to get back to the gym. It's not all that far away - 10-15 minutes, depending on traffic - but it still seems like a lot. The record cub sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am curious how the Pilates goes ! I still do my yoga exercises but at home.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.