Wednesday 23 August 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge 23/8/17



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at

Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list?
No solar eclipse here but out of those snacks I would have packed some Milky Way bars although your Moon Pies sound quite tasty.
2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'?
The first part is easy – being a Grandmother!  Once in a blue moon? Dusting probably as I’m fortunate enough to have a cleaner but I don't actually enjoy it! lol
3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. How do you feed that interest?
Nothing immediately springs to mind but I often use the internet to research subjects.
4. What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child?
Shopping for new uniform and supplies.  Excitement, anxiety.
5. I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.
Hope – it’s the name I took as my confirmation name when I converted to Catholicism – it seemed appropriate.
Motherhood – I love being a Mum and now I’m a Grandmother there’s a whole new dimension added.
Patience – I think it’s one of my qualities
Will 3 out of 5 do?
6.  Insert your own random thought here.
#5 was a hard question when your brain is exhausted from planning meals and booking online shopping deliveries for a family holiday – as in extended family holiday.  It will be a lovely break but the preparation has taken up a lot of my time this week.  Most of the family are working that’s why I took on the job of organising the catering.  Looking forward to some down time.

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers, Wendy. I hope your holiday goes well, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all goes well with your extended family holiday. I'm smiling about your dusting answer. I've read a lot of good once in a blue moon answers! Happy holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your coming holiday!! This was a fun Hodgepodge and most everyone I read loves the Milky Way candy bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with family on holiday.
    I liked your soul words. Hope is a good one!
    Have a great week!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the worst for me ... planning meals ! I liked it before even for 10 or more people there was no problem but now I see a big mountain of problems in front of me and don't do it anymore. A buffet is OK that we do now more and more and everybody brings something and their drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Planning an extended family holiday is a lot of work indeed. I hope it's a great time. Will they all be at your house or do you go away somewhere? We just drove over six hours to get to a family wedding and it's only 1 1/2 states away. The candy bar I would want, had it been a choice, is Cadbury. I think when I first went to England in 2003, there were Cadbury vending machines in all the Underground stations. The last time we were there, they we're gone. So sad. Although probably a good thing in the long run. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a wonderful family holiday! It's a lot of work to get there, but hope you can relax once you're there.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.