Wednesday 16 August 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge 16/8/17



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. Do your actions match your words? Elaborate.
That’s a tough question.  I hope so.  I try to be truthful and considerate although I can definitely be tactful when necessary.  I definitely try to carrying out things I’ve promised to do and not let anyone down.  When the kids were growing up I was always careful not to threaten something as a punishment that I wouldn’t follow through on so they learned I meant business and wasn’t just making empty threats.
2. Sick as a dog, go to the dogs, dog days of summer, dog tired, it's a dog's life, every dog has it's day, can't teach an old dog new tricks...now doggone it which saying could most recently be applied to your life?
Dog tired probably.  I’ve been dieting and trying to up my exercise level which have led to me having less energy than usual.  I’ve also not been sleeping too well so the cumulative effect is to be dog tired!
3. Your favourite book featuring a dog in the storyline? What makes it a favourite?
Well I’m stumped on this.  I was trying to remember some of my childhood books featuring dogs and apart from the Famous Five books came up with a blank although I did read 101 Dalmatians too.  It was also frustrating when trying to identify a book I read recently that featured a dog only to find I hadn’t logged it on my Goodreads page!
4. What's something you hope to one day have the confidence to do?
To have more confidence to challenge people when they are being racist, sexist etc.  Just be more confident would be a good start.
5. August 16th is National Tell a Joke Day. So tell us a joke.
Well I’m useless at jokes so I did some googling and found this site: A Joke a Day
Plenty there to keep you amused.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Following on from the joke question here’s a short clip from a great pair of British comedians who are sadly no longer with us.  The banter between them always reminds me of 2 uncles I had who were also a pair of comedians especially at family events.  

16 comments:

  1. Loved the "Four Candles" clip. Thanks for sharing it!

    And I'm dog tired, too. Guess it helps to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the clip. I will have to see if I can get that show on DVD. Some good comedy, just what the doctor ordered.

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite an old clip but the Two Ronnies as they were often known produced many great comedy shows.

      Delete
  3. 101 Dalmations! That made me remember The Pokey Puppy book I read as a child :)

    Have a great day!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel rested, soon.
    ! Feeling tired is no fun, I speak from experience :(
    Cute clip :)
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your answers, Wendy! I'm kind of tired this afternoon....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri - at least you can take a nap now if you need to :)

      Delete
  6. I couldn't come up with dogs in a book except for Dick and Jane! I know I've read lots of books that have dogs in them. I did enjoy Lassie growing up. Hope your sleep improves and you get some energy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dog tired too...as for your #4, all it takes is a few words to open a dialogue...sadly, not many want too. smiles

    Hope your remainder of the week is a lovely one, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love British humor. :-) Hope you get over being dog tired. That's no fun. Are you getting enough protein at each meal? I only ask because I can't stay ahead of tiredness if I don't get 20 g. protein three times a day. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the clip and the jokes site! Hope you are having a great week. I'm dog tired today too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. People can be very troublesome when they are into "isms". There is never any need for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that your system will get everything worked out soon for you with the dieting, exercise, and tiredness.

    I hear so many empty threats to children around here its no wonder that the jails are full of young people.

    I hope that you have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.