Wednesday 26 July 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge 26/7/17



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. We've reached edition number 315 here in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So tell us, what were you doing at 3:15 yesterday? Is that typical? On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) what's your energy level usually like at 3:15 PM?
I was ironing which is not typical every day but when I do iron it’s usually in the afternoon.
My energy level is probably quite low at that time of the day although I do often make myself go for a walk in the afternoon.
2. A frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curveball...which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate.
The only one that really fits is curveball as in when our Grandson decided to put in a very early appearance.  However his progress has been great.
Day 1 - 31st March
23rd July
 
3. What are three things that would help you right now? Tell us how or why.
I was struggling with this question as I’m fortunate to be happy with my lot but then I thought willpower.  I’d like to lose some weight which would probably help with the problem I’m having with my knee but I’m not very good at resisting fattening foods so willpower would be good.
4. Do you think you're strong? Why or why not? What makes you strong?
I do think I’m strong.  I’ve had several challenging situations to deal with during my life and I’ve managed to rise to the challenge.  I’m not sure what makes me strong – determination I suppose and maybe a streak of stubbornness?
5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction? What's your favourite book set sometime in the past?
Well I consulted my Goodreads site for this.  I had 6 books listed as historical fiction some of which although set in the past were not particularly historical.  Of the two that could be considered historical, both were book club choices which I didn’t particularly enjoy.  Of course I have also read some classics which are also historical but several of these I have read as part of a challenge rather than for sheer enjoyment.  Anyway I’m choosing The Help as one that I did enjoy and that’s set in the past.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Phew that last answer was a bit of a waffle!  Saying prayers at the moment for my son and DIL.  They are waiting for their passports to come back from the Home Office – DIL had to renew her visa.  They know it’s been approved but they need the passports by Saturday as they are scheduled to fly to the US to visit DIL’s family and attend a friend’s wedding!

3 comments:

  1. Hope the passports will get there in time.

    What a cute curveball ... glad he is doing great.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am happy your grandson is doing well. I continue to pray for him.
    I will be praying for the passports as well.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ironing doesn't exist anymore in our house ! I don't even know where my iron is ! Since Mr. G. is retired he doesn't wear skirts anymore and I only buy things which don't have to be ironed ! The picture of your daughter and son is so cute !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.