Wednesday 24 May 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge 24/5/17




Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at From this side of the pond 
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. What colour is prominent in your home? Are you glad about that or wishing you could cover it up or remove it? 
We have quite a few colours in the house most of which I’m happy with although the bedroom my son and his wife currently use will definitely get a paint job when they move out. 
2. What's something you'll NEVER do again? 
Ride on a roller coaster.  Just the thought makes me feel ill.
3. Tell us a couple of ways you fit the stereotypes associated with your gender, and a couple of ways you don't. 
I think I’m quite domesticated and caring which are more usually associated with women but I’m also quite practical and will have a go at DIY.  I also think I’m a better driver than women are usually given credit for.
4. May is Motorcycle Awareness Month. Have you ever owned a motorcycle? Ever ridden a motorcycle? If the opportunity presented itself would you hop on a motorcycle and go for a ride? 
No, no and no!  I once went on the back of my brother’s scooter and that was enough for me.  I prefer the safety of being in a car when on the road. 
5. If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and listen to? 
Goodness that’s a hard question.  I like reading thrillers, I watch a lot of dramas relating to crime but also quite a few American shows, (Grey’s Anatomy, Madam President, Criminal Minds to name a few) and I listen to most kinds of music.  Does that help understand me?  Probably not. 
6.  Insert your own random thought here. 
He’s home!  Baby Nathan was released from hospital on Monday and I’ve been making up for lost time with lots of cuddles.

14 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so happy for you and for your daughter too! He looks like a snuggler and makes me even more anxious for mine to arrive! I should have said roller coasters too. I didn't even like them when I was young. Enjoy that baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce but I hope your grandson waits a bit longer than mine did to enter the world!

      Delete
  2. That baby boy is precious!! And I don't think I have ever been on a roller coaster in my life. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear the good news regarding your sweet Baby Nathan.
    I am praying for you and your family and your country.
    Lots of Love,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riding a roller coaster is a great answer! I wish I'd thought of that one. The last one I rode nearly broke my neck!
    That's great news about Baby Nathan! He's precious.
    Kathy (Reflections(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwww on Nathan...smiles...precious.

    Have a lovely rest of the week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new grandson. I agree with you on roller coasters, I have never enjoyed them. I have just started blogging and I enjoyed reading your posts, they resonated with me. Enjoy the snuggles with Nathan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to see little Nathan doing so well.
    And BTW, that list of what might help us understand you... are you the criminal or the law enforcer? the victim or the surgeon? Or a bit of all??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I'd definitely be the law enforcer and probably the surgeon. Bit of a control freak really ;)

      Delete
  8. Surprised you managed to write a post now that Nathan is home. Enjoy all those cuddles with your gorgeous grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's funny I was hesitating between roller coaster and motorbike, so we have the same fears !! Great that baby Nathan is home, they must be very happy !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.