Thursday 18 May 2017

Review: My Name is Leon

My Name is Leon My Name is Leon by Kit de Waal
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. Set in the 1980s it tells the story of 9 year old Leon who has a difficult start in life. His Jamaican father is absent from his life and his Mother Carol struggles to cope especially when Leon's brother Jake is born. With a different father Jake is white Leon is not. Leon tries desperately to keep the baby and his mother cared for but when Carol is found to be totally neglecting both children they are placed in foster care.

The book follows Leon's struggle with being in foster care and losing his brother. It is well written and the characters are well portrayed. The ending is quite open ended. It will be interesting to see if the author writes a sequel.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your book review, I have one ready to go next week.
    I read your past posts as well ... I am praying.
    Love to your family,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! You did a good review!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.