Sunday 9 April 2017

Review: The One Plus One

The One Plus One The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jojo Moyes gets to the heart of relationships but the way she catches the humour in everyday situations makes for a great read.

Single parent Jess is struggling. Holding down two jobs and trying to raise her two children and a dog is hard. She wants to do the best for them but getting them to Scotland for a Maths competition that could enable her gifted daughter to take up the opportunity of a scholarship to a private school looks like a step too far. Enter Ed Nicholls, one of her cleaning clients, to the rescue.

The road trip that follows and the fall out afterwards kept me reading late into the night. Some of it seemed a little far fetched but then this is fiction not fact and it didn't put me off.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.