Friday Saturday so it's past time to join Suzanne for Friday's Fave Five. Click here for full details.
Well I'm a day late but considering I missed last week completely that's an improvement. I didn't blog much at all last week as I've had a bad back. I managed to pull something somehow and could hardly move from Thursday to Sunday but it has gradually eased over the week so I'm digging hard to find some blessings for this week:
1) My back has improved over the week. It's not 100% OK yet but sooo much better than last weekend and there was also progress with my knee - had my first physio appointment on Monday and was reassured that although the kneecap tendon is inflamed the joint is ok. I have exercises to do before next appointment but nothing load bearing. No cycling, no jogging nothing that involves jumping. I can live with that! Walking is ok though.
2) Grateful not to have to work - the current issues would have made that difficult.
3) Hubby made some progress in the room we're decorating. I made a good start on it - got the ceiling done and the first coat of paint on the walls and then my back went. (Not from doing the decorating - I think I just stretched awkwardly during a coughing fit!) It was frustrating not being able to get on with the decorating but hubby had all this week off and got the second coat on the walls. Hopefully next week I can get the woodwork done.
4) Coffee with friends. One of our friends recently lost her husband. He was diagnosed with cancer last autumn and underwent chemo but unfortunately it spread and he died 2 weeks ago. Our regular get togethers have been a bit haphazard while he was ill but we managed to get together on Thursday just for coffee and cake. It was good to get our friend out and just do something normal.
5) The get together with friends also involved some walking on what was a really nice spring day.
Not a bad week really - I've had lots of time for reading and knitting. Haven't felt much like blogging as it's all been a bit frustrating. So many things I want to get done and my body says No! lol
Have a good weekend all.