Wednesday 15 February 2017

Review: Small Great Things

Small Great Things Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great book. Jodie Picoult is never afraid to take on issue in her book. This one is about a black nurse who is accused of murdering the baby of a white supremacist couple. The book follows the court case that ensues, its outcome and how it affects the lives of those involved.

Some might think it presumptuous for a white woman to address racism but Picoult does this in a way to challenge how while white people may claim to be non-racist, they often overlook the advantage they have just by being white. How white is the default position. I think she did a good job.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.