Saturday 11 February 2017

Review: Fates and Furies

Fates and Furies Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book is about the marriage of Lotto and Mathilde. The first part of the book chronicles the marriage. It follows the struggles of Lotto as he tries to make a living as an actor and then his success as he move into becoming a playwright. Through all of this Mathilde is his rock. She supports him when times are hard and they are faithful to one another.

Then Lotto dies and the second part of the book gives us background on Mathilde and also moves beyond Lotto's death. Mathilde has dark secrets in her past. Secrets which she kept from Lotto.

It's certainly a well written book. There is depth in the writing. But it didn't keep me engrossed. The characters are not particularly likeable. I continued with it because it was a book club choice, not because I really wanted to finish it.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. For the moment I have no time for reading a book ! I read blogs from when I started, that's interesting too ! Lots of Bloggers have disappeared, some passed away and the others are still there since 2006.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.