It's Friday so it must be time to join Suzanne for Friday's Fave Five. Click here for full details.
Here are my blessings and thoughts on this week:
1) So grateful for the supportive network this blogging world is. I posted on my Hodgepodge post this week about my brother's health issues and the response from all those who visited my blog was wonderful. Thank you to all those who will be offering up prayers.
2) Thankful that storm Doris swept through pretty quickly and for us didn't cause any major problems. Unfortunately at least one person died and several were badly injured due to the high winds bringing down trees and roof tiles etc.
3) A surprise visit from our eldest son. He was trying to return home to Nottingham from Swansea on the day of Doris and could only get as far as London. We were more than happy to provide him with dinner and a bed for the night. He's now safely back in Nottingham.
4) Glad that I managed to get my grass cut the day before Doris dumped a whole load of rain on it. It's the first cut of the year so it was already quite long and hard to cut but if I'd missed that opportunity it would have been even harder. Especially as today we have some nice sunshine!
5) Social networking. I know there is a lot of negative stuff out there at the moment, which I try to just ignore, but it enables me to keep track of my future grandson's progress and my son and DIL's new babies - Joe and Ness, retired greyhounds. Apparently the baby is about the size of a Barbie doll right now although I did suggest to my daughter that he ought to be compared to Ken or as she responded GI Joe! Just glad to know he's ok.
So a good week for me. I also got more walking done and we've started to decorate the next room on the to do list. My knitting project also made progress. I might have to have a relaxing weekend! Hope you do too.