Saturday 17 December 2016

Foodie photos

I always feel my posts lack colour, mainly because I'm hopeless at taking photos or rushing so I don't have time to find appropriate captions to add to them.

This was commented on when I mentioned making a lovely meatball dish on Friday - there was no evidence.  (Although judging by 4 empty plates I think it was a hit.)

Well there's no real evidence of the lovely meal hubby cooked tonight but here is the recipe pic:

Parmesan crusted pork chops.  We had green beans and carrots plus pak choi with ours and they were delicious.  We also had a glass of the red stuff to wash it down.

Tomorrow I'm aiming for this:
Chicken shawarma salad.

This was interesting when doing the shopping - it requires sumac and ras el hanout for the marinade plus tahini for the salad dressing.  I'd never heard of sumac or ras el hanout before.  I also assumed that tahini would be with the dressings in the supermarket.

Ras el hanout is a North African spice mix and sumac is another spice used in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cooking.  

I did a lot of wandering around the supermarket looking for these.  (Never any staff to ask when you need them.)  Thank goodness for Google.  Not only did it help identify what I was looking for, when I added in Tesco (the supermarket) it also brought up pictures of the actual items.  Made the searching a lot easier! 

The chicken is now marinading overnight as recommended.  Hopefully I might remember to take a pic of the finished dish tomorrow but don't hold your breath.


4 comments:

  1. That sounds very good ! Google indeed is a big help. When I am not sure about something or I need an information I google !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sumac? As in poisonous? Just wondering...that does sound interesting, Wendy. Have a lovely rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am speeding through posts that I missed this weekend! Yum to those photos and recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chicken schwarma sandwiches and I bet that salad is a really tasty version.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.