Friday 9 September 2016

Friday's Fave Five - 9/9/16

http://susannesspace.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/fridays-fave-five-395.html



It's Friday so it's time to join in with Suzanne's Friday's Fave Five. 
 
It's a place to come on Fridays and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.

If you want to take part or visit other Fave Five posts, click on the picture above to go to host Suzanne's site and check out the linky list.


Here are mine:

1.  Back to normality.  It's been a lovely summer with lots going on but I do miss the normality of routines etc.  This week everyone was back to work on their usual days, schools are back and I was able to start focussing on things that need doing at home.  I even managed to do a couple of things that hadn't even made it to the "to do" list like fix the bathroom door latch and donate some left over cat food to a nearby shelter.

2.  Church community.  The parish we live in has a big old church that's lovely, but with so many people attending it you can feel a bit anonymous at times.  That's why I'm thankful that a Mass is also held at our local community centre.  It doesn't have the same atmosphere of the church but as the community is much smaller we are quite close knit.  We always have tea and coffee afterwards and last weekend we celebrated one of the parishioners BIG birthdays.  (She was very coy about exactly how big, I suspect 80 although she doesn't look that old and I was too polite to ask.) We had Irish coffees and someone had made her a beautiful cake that we all shared.  It's good to be part of the community.

3.  Enthusiasm.  I must admit I'm a bit of an up and down person.  Often more down than up.  But this week, after our relaxing and recharging break away with the family I've had more enthusiasm for getting things done.  It probably won't last but I'm making the most of it for now.  I've even got back to my crochet which is good as I'm trying to make a Christmas bunting banner for each of my children.

4.  Walking.  I have got out and walked every day so far this week.  Sometimes it's been out of necessity for shopping for example or to collect or return books to the library (I'm loving the library!) but sometimes, like on Tuesday it's been for the pleasure of the walk.  Hubby and I went to Greenwich by train and then we did a walk that took us to the top of a hill with a lovely view over London.

 (Not the best photo as Tuesday was quite cloudy and apologies for those who've seen it on my previous post.  I need to get out and use my camera more!)

5.  Blogging.  I've managed to find time for blogging again this week.  I love the interaction with other bloggers. 

Have a good weekend.

 

22 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post Wendy and I have fallen behind in commenting...smiles

    Have a beautiful weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your community at church sounds lovely. It's nice that you all connect on a meaningful level (like celebrating an octogenarian's birthday), rather than just attend service more anonymously. Sounds like you had a wonderful week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking will always bring ups with it. That view of London would be fun to walk up to see.
    I too am loving routines--that seems to be a theme in September!
    Enjoy your crochet--I hope you'll post photos as I love any fiber work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to start walking again too, while my knees are still full of cortisone! Good for you getting out and about! I enjoyed your list of five and especially hearing about your church community! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to be part of a community, here it's not so the church because Belgium is a catholic country and most of the people don't go to church anymore because it's so outdated. Anyway I don't know anybody who goes to church, which doesn't mean that they are not Christians. I am back to normal too, we celebrated yesterday in our painting course ! 2 months of holidays is a long time !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the summer break can be frustrating when your usual activities don't happen.

      Delete
  6. I'm an up and down person too. And more down than up!! I enjoyed your Friday Five!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you Wendy, you sound far more up than down in this post. I find walking energises me even if it is a short walk and Greenwich is my favourite place for a short walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I usually feel better after a walk too.

      Delete
  8. I was always glad for the summer break at the beginning but always glad to get back to a routine at the end. I seem to function best with some structure but not overmuch.

    Glad you've been feeling up and enthusiastic! I've been hoping to get to some projects - maybe Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like staring at your London picture looking for my son, dil and granddaughter :) We've been missing them a lot! They usually come home in the summer but they're in the midst of selling and buying a new place. So they aren't able to make it this year. Hopefully next year! And we're planning to visit them as well.

    Your church community sounds lovely - ours is like that as well. Although ours is a little country church. And we're all neighbours and friends. Multi-generational - it's so nice.

    I'm trying to add more walking into my schedule as well. I use Leslie Sansone dvds when I can't go out.But walking outside is my favourite.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I user her videos too, especially when it's too wet to get out for a walk

      Delete
  10. A good reminder of how much good there is to be found in our daily lives.

    Lorrie at www.shrinkrapped.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being in a "normal" routine definitely helps me. I think I may have a picture similar to yours of London from our visit a few years ago.
    Church community: definitely. It's nice to be around people who have the same beliefs as you; plus I really believe it strengthens your faith! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm kinda glad to be getting back to a bit of routine too. It centers me somehow. I love the library too but have sorta been avoiding as my reading challenge this year is to read all the books I actually purchase this year and back to June of 2015 which in my case is a lot! I have no self control at the library! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.