Friday 30 September 2016

Book Review - The Girls by Lisa Jewell

The GirlsThe Girls by Lisa Jewell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Really liked this book. Clare and her two daughters, Grace and Pip have moved to a flat on a large communal garden in London. On Grace's 13th birthday, following the annual summer garden party, Pip discovers Grace in the garden, alive but with her clothes in disarray and in a coma.

The first part of the book gives background on all the various charaters and events leading up to that day. Then it moves on to the aftermath and the truth of what happened to Grace is gradually revealed.

I enjoyed the book as the characters are given depth and although we're drawn to one explanation of what could have happend to Grace, the answer is actually quite different.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.