Friday 5 August 2016

Book Review - Ursula's Secret - Mairi Wilson

Ursula's SecretUrsula's Secret by Mairi Wilson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I found this quite a confusing book. It revolves around 3 friends, Helen, Ursula and Evie, who meet on their way to Malawi.

The subsequent events include an illegitimate child, several marriages, a natural disaster and lots of secrecy.

Enter Lexy who, having lost her Mother Izzie (Helen's daughter), and Ursula within a short space of time, travels to Malawi to try and resolve the mystery of her past. Evie is still in Malawai and gradually Lexy unravels the various secrets, leading to a dramatic climax in Scotland.

I did enjoy the book as I thought it was going to be a story of unrequieted love in the beginning but it turned out to be very different but it was hard to keep track of who was related to who and how they fitted in to the story. I felt it didn't need to be quite so complicated.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I don't like when I have to keep backtracking to keep the characters straight. Maybe we should note each character and their bloodline as we read!! Good review

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.