Thursday 4 August 2016

Book Review - The Kindness - Polly Samson

The KindnessThe Kindness by Polly Samson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I enjoyed this book although there are mixed reviews. Essentially it is Julian's story. How he meets Julia, an older woman, their love affair, their child, Mira. And a tragedy. But it is confusing at times switching between characters and time, blending in the back stories of the main characters. The writing is very lyrical though.

It feels like there was a death and in a way there was but there wasn't a well hidden twist that make me gasp as in other books I've read recently. It gently unfolds and loose ends are wrapped up quite quickly at the end, mainly because they revolve around Julia. A bit confusing having such similar names for the two main characters, especially when we then have a Jenna (Julian's mother) to contend with as well.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.