Saturday 2 July 2016

SoCS 2/7/16 - Long



https://lindaghill.com/2016/05/13/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-may-1416/

If you would like to take part click here to visit Linda's site for all the details and the links of other bloggers taking part.

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “long.” Use the word “long,” any definition. Enjoy!
 


A week is a long time in politics so the saying goes and this week feels like we’ve crammed years into it, especially now the long knives have started coming out too.  It’s going to be a long time before some sense and stability is resumed.

We are definitely in the middle of a political storm here in the UK and although I long for it to be over as I don’t like it when things are unsettled, it has made me take more notice of what’s going on.  I had no idea who several of the leadership contenders for the Conservative party were a few days ago but I’m better informed now.  Although of course most of that is from what I could find online or in the newspaper so I could be hopelessly wrong.  Time will tell.

We took a long road yesterday to visit our future daughter-in-law to sort out an ill-fitting suit bought for my husband to wear at the forthcoming wedding.  The M1 motorway (any motorway come to that) is a boring drive.  But necessary.  Fortunately sorting out the suit did not take long neither did the purchase of my wedding outfit.  I surprised myself at my decisiveness.  I hope I’m not a long time regretting it.


3 comments:

  1. I agree that a week is a very LONG time in politics, and like you, I didn't know who half of the MPs were. I do hope that things settle down here now, but we have got all the rumpus with Labour leadership to sort out as well as the Tory one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you found your dress for the wedding so quickly! Picture? I get so tired of politics. You are right that a week is a long time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the next generation the Brexit would be a catastrophe, now they can study and travel free, and work in other European countries to the same conditions, if the Brexit really happens all that is finished. They would need visas to travel, workpermits to work and a lot of money to study in another country. I don't even mention the economy. Toll on all imported things, and there are many !
    Of course a farmer with some cows only things about the milk price !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.