Wednesday 4 May 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge 4/5/16




Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!

1. What's something fun you're looking forward to on your May calendar?
My daughter’s birthday (13th) and the weekend we just had to celebrate it together as a family – it included the first two days of May.
Birthday meal menu - we had a chef come to cook at the house we stayed in.

The birthday girl.

Me with our 3 and their partners.
2. What are some images that come to mind when you hear the word mother?
My mother and my mother-in-law, both great examples to us.
Me as a baby with my Mum.
Mother-in-law
3. What's something beautiful you own or have seen that's made of glass? 
I have a punch bowl and matching glasses, a wedding present.  We’ve been using them more lately because although I would be upset if it got broken it should be more than just an ornament.

4. Was today typical? If not what made it unusual? 
No because I’m waiting in for a repair man for the washing machine so don’t feel I can start anything in case the doorbell rings.
5. What is a quality you wish you could have more of?
Confidence.
6. What's the next major purchase you need to make? Will it happen in the month of May? 
Well depending on the outcome of the repair visit it could be a washing machine and would definitely be in May!
7. What responsibility/job/work did you dislike while growing up but has proved helpful to you as an adult?
I said I wanted more confidence.  I was always shy and not good at mingling but my first part time jobs were in retail so I guess they helped – just not enough.
8. Insert your own random thought here. 
It’s a beautiful sunny day today, might even get out and cut the grass.

14 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about using things even though I would be upset if they broke. My washing machine is on its last leg but I don't like the new ones so trying to keep it going as long as I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confidence is a wonderful answer. And your glass punch bowl set is lovely. I recently pulled out my grandma's dishes to use because they were just sitting in a cabinet for years and years. I hope nothing gets broken, but I am enjoying them. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting on repairmen is just the worst. They tend to never show up when they say they will...hope it's an easy and inexpensive fix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the repair. Waiting on an unknown appt is aggravating. Happy birthday to your daughter! Looks like a fun celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I am the same with the confidence. We will cheer each other on!
    I like your punch bowl.

    Best wishes with the washing machine.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could definitely use a little more confidence, too.
    Hope things work out well with your washing machine. I hate waiting for the repairman to come!!!
    What a unique punch bowl set! I love it.
    Enjoy your week,
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That menu sounds delicious for the party you attended on Sunday. Happy 13th Birthday to your daughter! Love your punch bowl. I forgot about that, I have one too. I really don't like waiting for repair men. Enjoy cutting the lawn. I use to do that at our last house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have started using things more too! It seems such a shame to own beautiful things that we only use on special occasions. I wonder if I have it in me to get out my mother-in-laws old China and use it for everyday! Something to ponder today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge. Your suggestion that we need to use the beautiful things we have is a good one!! Having a chef come to the house you were sharing is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to agree with the others. Waiting on a repair man is never fun. Hope there's not much wrong and it's not too expensive. One of my biggest pet peeves is something stored away in a cabinet or drawer and never used for fear it will be broken. ENJOY it I say. Your set is beautiful. I love the idea of a chef coming to the house. Hope your day is good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your daughter!
    Glad you are using your punch bowl, we should all use our pretties more often!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your photos! My husband fixed my washer last month. He watched Youtube videos and found a place on line to order the parts. I was so thankful I didn't have to wait on a repair person and that my laundry didn't pile up. I hope its an easy fix for you. Love your punch bowl- beautiful. Happy birthday to your daughter- she looks so happy in the photo. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a neat idea to have someone come to the house to cook dinner. The menu looked scrumptious. I'll bet it was a nice birthday treat.

    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.