Wednesday 26 August 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge 26/8/15



Join in the fun by posting your answers to the questions on your blog then post a link on our host Joyce's blog here

1. It's hard to believe, but next week's Hodgepodge will find us in the month of September. What's one thing you want, need, or hope to do still before summer officially ends?


I need to sort out my jumble as I have a table booked in our local jumble trail on 6th September (bit like a U.S. yard sale but lots of stalls in a local area.)


2. When were you last at 'your wit's end'?


I can't remember being at my wit's end.  My patience has been tested recently though.

3. Describe a time you were figuratively thrown into 'the deep end'?

In my 20s I had to step in and drive a minibus in Europe so I was driving an unfamiliar vehicle on the wrong side of the road and following a police car for directions.  It took me ages to get the bus in gear but I managed.

4. Does the end always, ever, or never justify the means? Explain.

That's a hard one.  Sometimes I might do things to protect someone's feelings so I think it's more a case of occasionally.

5. What makes your hair stand on end

Nails scraping down a board.

6. I read an article on the website Eat This! Health, that listed 11 foods we can eat to help end bad moods. Basically it's a feed your brain so you're less anxious, grouchy and lethargic. The foods are-mussels, swiss chard, blue potatoes, grass fed beef, dark chocolate, greek yogurt, asparagus, honey, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and coconut. Which of those do you think would most help end your own bad mood? Which do you fear, if forced to eat, would put you into a bad mood?

Chocolate works for me all the time to improve my mood.  As for bad mood I wouldn't enjoy Swiss chard and blue potatoes don't look very appetising.

7. What project around your home, office, or life in general feels like there is 'no end in sight'?

Keeping on top of and filing all our paperwork.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

No colours or fancy fonts today.  Composing this on my mini iPad as we're away with family. It's also now Thursday as we've just finished the longest game of trivial pursuit ever! 

3 comments:

  1. ...and now this is like a continuation of the game of Triv
    Hope your family holiday is going swimmingly.
    Blue potato? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)) I like the spider story you shared with me.
    Your family time sounds great. I love playing games too, so much fun to do with family.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I know what you mean about vacations and fonts, etc. -- blogging on vacay is no frills for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.