Wednesday 20 May 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge 20/5/15





 Hodgepodge is brought to you courtesy of Joyce at:

If you want to join in just create your own post with the questions and your answers and then add your name to the linky list on Joyce's post.

Have fun!





1.  Did you make someone laugh yesterday? Was it intentional?



Well I’m not a stand up comedienne so if I did it wouldn’t have been intentional but I’m sure I probably made my hubby laugh – we still have that effect on each other and I did have a laugh with a friend of mine during a phone call.  That was sort of intentional because she’s going through a rough time and I try and call/catch up with her regularly and make sure she’s ok.


2.  What's a simple question with a complicated answer? 



Just about every question my hubby asks sometimes.  He wants to know all the ins and outs of things and makes things far more complicated than they need to be.  But if you want to be really highbrow, what’s the meaning of life?

3.  Rhododendrons or azaleas...you have to choose. Are either currently blooming in your yard?



Oh goodness.  Well I don’t have either in my garden so I googled pics to help me choose.  No help whatsoever.  I think I liked the look of rhododendrons best but if I was being given the choice I’d ask a gardener which needs the lowest maintenance!

4.  May 21st is National Waitstaff Day. Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress? How would you rate the experience? What was the best/worst part of the job?



Never actually waited tables but did work on a food stall at a football ground a few times when I was in my teens.  The best part of the job at the time was having extra money the worst part was dealing with rowdy customers.

5. What fashion trend for women should be outlawed? How about one for men?

For women, all in one outfits – I use toilets a lot, all in ones make that too hard!  As for men it has to be speedo style swim trunks on anyone who doesn’t have the body to wear them.

6.  Name a writer who inspires you....now tell us why.

J K Rowling – I loved the Harry Potter series and she managed to do to that as a single parent really struggling at times. 

7.  What well known quote or saying sums up your plans for today or this week?

Rome wasn’t built in a day.  I’m trying to do a lot of things at the moment and sometimes it all feels overwhelming so I remind myself that as long as I’m doing something it’s better than doing nothing and every little bit will help me achieve my goals.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
 
Someone answered my prayer.  I’ve seen a couple of jumble trails promoted recently in neighbouring areas and I thought it would be great if one could be held in my area – I have such a lot of stuff that I need to get rid of either by donating, selling or just trashing.  I’d even begun to think about checking out how to set one up but someone has beaten me to it.  (Phew!)  It’s not until September but that gives me a nice deadline to work to.

9 comments:

  1. I've never heard of jumble trails. I need to look that up. I'm trying to de-clutter, or mostly just getting rid of way too many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny about your husband. Frankly, I wish my husband would ask more. I'm the one that has to ask and ask away I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the fashion trends. I've never heard of a jumble trail but sounds like a yard or garage sale. I had a yard sale a couple of weeks ago and have been busy selling on eBay, Craigslist and donating. It is a lot of work. I like your answer for #7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now too. I know it will all get done, but there's just so much still to do before we close here. Course blogging isn't helping much with my list : ) It does help me mentally though, so I'm not giving it up. I tell hubs all the words have to go somewhere too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great question, I wonder that all the time! I always want to accomplish too much at the same time and I end up getting nothing done. It can be overwhelming at times. Good quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of it called jumble trails before :)

    I almost put JK Rowlings myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Jumble trails" is a new term to me as well. Is it a community yard sale? Rummage sale type thing with a group of dejunking neighbors?

    My husband wants "just the facts, ma'am" and to hear the main point, then if he wants more detail, he'll ask. I have learned to do that over 28 years. I have NOT learned to stop asking a bunch of questions to satisfy my need to know the nitty-gritty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine trying to use a restroom while wearing an all in one suit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I like your quote. I am with you on this and need to remember it. I am starting to garden this week and I think I need all my seeds in and the garden all done in a day. I need to remember your quote. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.