Monday 18 May 2015

Monday meander 18/5/15

Well I still had breakfast in bed this morning but I was up much earlier and as I've already done a few chores I'm allowing myself some blogging time. It's also a miserable day so I don't need to feel guilty about not being out in the garden.

Thankfully the weekend weather was much better in that it was dry and sunny on and off but it was quite breezy and not that warm.  It was still warm enough for a BBQ at my cousin's house on Saturday.  That was fortunate as we were there to celebrate her hubby's 60th birthday and there were quite a few of us.  If we had been rained inside it would have been a bit difficult. It was lovely to see them and their family - all five children (who are actually all adults) were there including most of the partners and the 6 grandchildren.  The garden looked quite different from when I was there last.  Her hubby was in the process of preparing to build a large garage on one side of the garden and the whole thing was a bit of a mess.  But it looks great now.  The garage (which is huge) is finished and the remainder of the garden has been restored.  There is even a vegetable plot at the bottom.  They've not been there that long but have achieved a lot.  It suits them - it's in a small village but it wouldn't be for me.  I'm too much of a city girl.  But nice to visit and we had a lovely day.

Yesterday we had lunch in London's theatre district with my daughter, her partner and her future in-laws.  It was the first time we had met them but it went well and we had a very nice lunch.  The food was excellent and we seemed to get on ok with the in-laws.  We're not likely to see a lot of them though as they spend most of their time in America.

After lunch we decided to walk back along the south bank of the Thames as far as London Bridge.  It was interesting seeing the way the London landscape has changed.  When you live here you don't play the role of tourist often enough to really appreciate things.  At least we don't.  Although I'm not sure that some of the new modern buildings sit quite well alongside St. Paul's Cathedral for example.

Anyway, I have set myself some targets for this week so that I can feel that I'm achieving something so I should push on with those.  I'll let you know later how I get on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.