Friday 24 April 2015

A - Z Challeng - U is for Unconditional Love



My theme for this challenge is family and relations.
 
Unconditional (love) “absolute, unqualified, without any conditions attached

This is my second attempt at this post.  My original plan was to write about the unconditional love parents have for their children.  As I started writing it though I found myself qualifying my remarks and making allowances for people who may not experience that profound feeling of love for their newborns that I am fortunate to have experienced.  Or for those who may not have had their children naturally, was their love for their children any less than mine?

I continued on to how we may not always like our children but we still love them but began to wonder again if that’s really true.  Hence this second attempt at the letter U.

I started this A – Z Challenge as a way to get back into blogging so I’m not yet into doing a great deal of research on facts and figures to support (or contradict) my views.  I know that I do have unconditional love for my children.  I would lay down my life for them.  But I have been lucky.  My kids are good kids.  Yes I can take some credit for that, as can their extended family, educators, friends etc.

Would I still experience this unconditional love if things had been different?  Had I not given birth to them of if they had turned out to be troubled, difficult people?  I’d like to think so but the truth is, I don’t know.

1 comment:

  1. We have two children...one easy, one a little more challenging. Both are highly intelligent, nice people. With the challenging one we still loved him...did all we could to get help, cried a lot, and loved him more. It got better. Not perfect, but better. He's still challenging, but I don't love him any less. Thanks for stopping by my blog on A o Z

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.