Wednesday 31 October 2012

Halloween Grump

I must admit I'm not a great lover of halloween but I do usually make sure I have treats on hand in case anyone ventures to my door.  This year I wasn't that organised so I turned a deaf ear on those who called tonight.  There were 3 disappointed groups.  And it was fairly obvious someone was at home - lights on, TV playing etc but no way was I going to open the door without any treats to hand.  But fortunately we don't seem to have suffered in any way - no eggs thrown at the door etc.

Been a busy day.  Nick and I were up and out early for dentist check ups.  We both had a clean bill of health there so that was good.  We then went on to the rubbish tip to offload another car load of rubbish cleared out from the cellar.  (Nick had already taken one lot yesterday.)  So progress is being made.

We then did some shopping and went to his Mum's for lunch.  We stayed until about 4 and then came back.  Annoyingly though I left my phone behind so I had to pop back after dinner to collect it.

I had a lazy evening apart from doing my physio exercises.  They don't take long to do but one in particular is very painful.  Hopefully it will show some improvement soon.

Tomorrow I have to be up early again to take the car to be serviced.  That's just a 5 minute walk away so very convenient for us.  In the afternoon it's the optician.  We're certainly fitting a  lot into this week!

There is still work to be done in preparation for the kitchen work but we've made a good start on the cellar - they will need access there to do the electrics but it's going to be a busy few days making sure everything is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.