Saturday 10 September 2016

SoCS 10/9/16



socsbadge2016-17
SoCS is brought to us by Linda Hill at Life in Progress
The main concept of SoCS is that your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.  Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.

For full details of the rules etc and to link up with other participants click here to visit Linda's blog.

Today's prompt is view. 

It was suggested that the prompt could be a photo or song but I’m glad Linda decided to keep it as a word.  I’m definitely not a great photographer and although I enjoy music I’m not a music fan.  I don’t remember who sings what, where or when unlike my husband.  We have different view points on music.  On a lot of things actually but then they say opposites attract.

We were on the same page with a view earlier this week though when I dragged him out for a walk that included a hill leading to a viewpoint in Greenwich looking north over the Thames to the city of London.  The view wasn’t as good as it could have been because despite the lovely warm (hot even for this time of year) weather we’ve been enjoying the day was quite overcast.  The Shard was even disappearing into the clouds. 

This was something one of my friends commented on as being a good thing because she doesn’t like the modern skyscrapers that have crept into the London skyline.  Certainly the view of the skyline today is very different from that of 1666 when the great fire of London took place. 


Just last week as part of the 350th anniversary commemoration of that event a model of the city as it would have looked at that time was floated on the Thames and set alight.  Personally I think it would have been good to keep the model, although I can understand why it was symbolic to burn it. 


I wasn’t asked for my point of view though and sometimes it’s good to know when to keep our view point to ourselves.  As in when a good friend asks “Does my bum look big in this?”  The view in the mirror isn’t always what we want to see.  
 

1 comment:

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.